19 November 2008

It came and went

My 40th birthday actually and without much fanfare. Not that it mattered. I don't even quite remember the last one and the ones before.

I got birthday greetings from the usual people (you know who you are - thank you very much).

My parents and siblings wished me birthday and probably, for me to get married soon. We'll see about the second part.

I got a card from my nieces and an sms from my nephew whose studying abroad. They are the ones I am closest with.

I also received birthday wishes from my colleagues, current and former students. Thank you for remembering.

Finally, two people promised to give something this weekend.

For my birthday, all I need actually from all of you is warm thoughts, full of care and love.
(133 words)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin