28 August 2009

Top 10 Museums

According to the June 2009 edition of Airasia's in-flight magazine, travel3sixty. These museums are located in Airasia's destinations.

The list with some remarks is below. My own comments, only applicable to cities I’ve been to, are in brackets.
  1. National Museum of Cambodia, Phnom Penh - completes knowledge of Angkor Wat. (No comment).
  2. National Museum of Singapore - fresh modern approach and history back to 14th century. (Hah, I beg to differ. When I last visited about 10 years ago, the period between 14th century and 1824 was a blank. Anyway, the Asian Civilizations Museum at Empress Place is a much better choice).
  3. Sarawak Museum, Kuching - arguably Malaysia's best museum. (I don't want to argue but it's a good museum).
  4. Vietnam Museum of Ethnology, Hanoi - most comprehensive museum. (No comment).
  5. Islamic Arts Museum, KL - works from Persia & Middle East to China and India. (I enjoyed visiting this museum very much).
  6. Royal Palace Museum, Luang Prabang, Laos - formerly a royal residence. (No comment).
  7. Sono-Budoyo Museum, Yogyakarta - country's most complete museum. (I also enjoyed visiting this museum very much).
  8. Natural History Museum, London - botany to zoology. (I've never been here but I enjoyed my visit to the British Museum. I practically spent a whole day there).
  9. Hall of Opium, Chiang Saen, Thailand. (No comment).
  10. National Palace Museum, Taipei - on par with Lourve & MOMA and features Chinese architects. (No comment).
(247 words)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin