31 August 2008

Sabah National Day Parade 2008

The first parade I could remember was one I caught as a young boy. Standing by the roadside with my parents and siblings watching all the people marching and in their unforms caught my attention as they do now. In primary school, my ambition was to be a soldier (really). Well, it was also partly because one of my neighborhood friend's father was in the army. He looked splendid in uniform.

Later, in secondary school, I even joined part of the school brass band, which naturally took part in these parades. When I started to work, I also took part in national day parades as part of my employer's contingent.

Anyway, I think brass bands are one of the attractions of a national day parade. Noticeably, the were very few brass bands today at Sabah national day parade. I don't know why. I counted less than ten today.

Usually there is a competition for the contingents which took part. Once I get the results, I will to post the photos of the winning contingents that I took from the parade.

(182 words)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin