04 September 2008

Happy Ramadan

I know I am a few days late but I hope everyone celebrating the month of Ramadan will have a blessed time. One of the best things about this whole month is the Pasar Ramadan or Ramadan Market. At this place, you can get all sorts of food for breaking fast. In some cases, you can even find food, which are typically not available all year round. Anyway, if you are in Kota Kinabalu and its vicinity, there are a few designated Pasar Ramadans.

The one I like, however, is in Kem Lok Kawi, an army camp outside of the city. Having gone to five years of secondary school in West Malaysia, the West Malaysian food offered at the Lokkawi Camp are the closest to the ones I had before. Kem Lok Kawi is a bit far, so I only get to go there on weekends.
(148 words)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin