13 June 2009

Slumdog Millionaire (Again)

Ticket stub

Yes, I know, enough already but I just had to pay tribute to this great movie. Yes, I went ahead and saw the movie today at the only cinema showing this movie in town. All I can say it was worth every sen I spent to watch it. Yes, all 700 of them.

I know that there are detractors of the movie out there, especially those saying the movie puts India in a bad image. Well, I didn't see the movie doing so. It had great cinematography which showed parts of India in a good way. Then, almost all of the cast of the movie was of Indian origin. Anyway, if it's a bad movie, why and how did it win all the Oscars, all the Golden Globes? Think about that.

If you have read the book, you'd know that` the movie's storyline didn't exactly follow that of the book's. But that's okay, I haven't seen any book-movie adaptation that has done so.

The only thing I wasn't so happy about my movie watching experience is that somehow in the movie hall I was in, I could hear people singing Karaoke. Not so loud but then again, when it was quiet on screen, you could hear clearly the singing. The worst thing was that the singing was more like frogs croaking after rain. I hope the management of the cinema will do something about it.
(239 words)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin