07 June 2009

A Trip to the Beach

I had nothing planned for the weekend. No city to visit or explore. So, I happily joined my two sisters and their families for a picnic at Manukan Island, one of the islands making up the Tengku Abdul Rahman Marine National Park. Since it was a Saturday and a public holiday (Happy Birthday Your Majesty - Wishing you well and good health always), we decided to leave for the island early. We reached the island well before 9AM and managed to get a nice spot, a picnic bench. I know, it's not much but the last time I was here, we had to settle for picnic mats.

Anyway, I decided not to swim in the sea this time. I just sat in the sun (well, not really, under a shady tree actually). I tried to read a book but got bored after a few pages. So, before you know it, I started to play in the sand. With some help from my sisters and their kids, here's the result:

A sand castle by the beach

Although it wasn't well constructed, the castle attracted quite an attention as it is quite big. If we charged a ringgit per photo, it would easily pay for the entrance or conservation fee for the park for the eleven of us in the group. Some unashamedly asked to be photographed with/near it, while some just used their long camera lenses to photograph discreetly from afar.

Anyway, have a good weekend my readers.
(249 words)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin