24 July 2009

Sleepless in Sandakan

Last month, I went on business trips to the towns of Tawau (day trip) and Sandakan (overnight) in the east coast of Sabah. Our admin support made the booking for hotel in Sandakan.

Little did I know that there's a story behind the hotel. I'm not going to name the hotel here. If you're familiar with Sandakan, it's enough for me to say that the hotel is on a hill and surrounded by the jungle. Yes, jungles, I should've known.

I checked in around 5PM and when I got to my room on the 4th floor, I can tell the hotel was quiet and looked deserted. After dinner, I got back to the room to rest. Usually when I go to sleep I will have one light on.

Anyway, while lying in bed, I suddenly heard a woman's voice screaming for maybe less than a minute. I thought maybe someone was having too much fun. But then, immediately the room's window curtains rustled for no reason. Well, after that, I switched on all the lights in the room and tried very hard to get to sleep.

Later in the office, a colleague told me her experience in the same hotel. She stayed there once. But at least she was luckier, she was with her husband. I'm definitely staying in another hotel the next time.

Photo of a hotel in a jungle: illustration only (taken from internet)

(238 words)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin