20 October 2009

Butter Prawn Recipe

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients (for four to five people):

1. Prawn - 500 grams - Keep shell intact but slit the back and remove the black thread

2. Cooking Oil - 1/2 cup

3. Egg Yolk - 4 to 5 eggs - Beaten (Hint: you can use the egg white to stir fry vegetables with)

4. Butter - 2 to 3 tablespoons

5. Fresh Curry Leaves - 2 to 3 sprigs - Chopped

6. Bird's Eye Chillies - 5 to 6 pieces - Chopped and if you prefer, deseeded

7. Sugar - 1 tablespoon

8. Salt - to taste (I usually use minimally)


Method:

1. Heat cooking oil

2. Half-fry prawn, remove and dry

3. Remove used cooking oil

3. Heat butter

4. Pour egg yolk slowly from a high position and keep stirring (Hint: This is the hardest part.)

5. Add in curry leaves, chillies, sugar and salt

6. Add in half-fried prawn and mix with the rest of the ingredients

It's that easy. By the way, the prawn is the key to the dish. So the fresher the prawn, the better. And one more thing, don't ask me for any other dishes because my favorite dishes are simple fried fish and stir-fried vegetables, which anyone can cook.
(246 words)

4 comments:

Miss Effy said...

Thanks for the recipe. A fren of mine asked me bout butter prawn recipe, I tried to google and finally found ur blog. I'll try your recipe than :)

Jae said...

Effy, my pleasure. I hope your butter prawn turned out well. Bon Appétit.

Miss Effy said...

My fren that I gave her your butter prawn recipe told me that the dish was yummmmyyyyy...I still didnt have a chance yet to try your recipe since its hard to get fresh curry leaves in Melbourne. Maybe once I come back to Msia, I'll try it..

Jae said...

G'day mate. You can smuggle some in but knowing Australian entry checks, its not a good idea. Yup, fresh and dried curry leaves are not quite the same. Anyway, I'm glad to know your friend tried the recipe and liked it.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin