01 November 2009

Reflections and Contemplations

Five years ago today, I made the jump from the corporate world to the academia. Some of my friends then thought I've lost my mind. Looking back, maybe I really did. I'm now nowhere closer to where I'd like to be then. Perhaps it's time look reflect on what I've done and contemplate what I should be doing next. Did I make the wrong choice? Should I stay on or should I move on with my life? These are the questions playing in my mind. I don't have the answers but once I do, then it's my resolve. I know, this time around, some of my friends now might think I'm losing it again. Ah, well, c'est la vie.

3 comments:

xplorer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
xplorer said...

I had been there . Feeling remorse and thinking i wish i could do better and i wish i didn't make take plunge.It's good to reflect on yourself one in a while but reflecting and contemplating alone will not solved your problem.Sometime it is also good to think about what you have rather focusing too much on what i wish i have.

Jae said...

X, thank you for dropping by and giving me a piece of good advice. Sometimes its just difficult to choose what I have and what I wish to have when they are diametrically opposed - like academia and corporate world. Sort of like comparing apples and oranges. Well, life is full of choices. I guess sometimes we just have to live with our choices and make the most out of them.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin