10 November 2009

10 Things to Do in Manila

Tie a Yellow Ribbon Round the Ole Palm Tree - Roxas Boulevard during the anniversary of People Power Revolution

The List:

  1. Intramuros, in particular Fort Santiago.
  2. Manila Cathedral & UNESCO World Heritage Site Saint Agustin Church. Both are located in Intramuros.
  3. Have a picnic at Rizal Park/Luneta Park.
  4. Look at the excellent permanent and rotating exhibits at the Ayala Museum.
  5. National Museum of Filipino People.
  6. Roxas Boulevard. Take a walk in the morning or late afternoon along Manila Bay.
  7. Shopping at SM Mall of Asia (MoA). I prefer Robinson Place in Malate or Greenbelt/Glorietta in Makati but MoA is huge.
  8. Clubbing in J Nakpil street, Malate.
  9. Shop for trinkets, souvenirs or gifts, what the Filipinos call 'pasalubong' at Greenhills.
  10. Visit the still active Taal volcano.

I have been to Manila only twice, so that doesn't make me an expert. My first time here was a surprise for me. Generally I found people were warm, friendly and helpful.

Another thing that really struck me is that there are so many beautiful and handsome people in this city. It was impossible not to notice. I even remarked to a travel mate that may be there's a law keeping the not so beautiful and not so handsome people, or most of them at least, locked at home.

P/S I might visit again in early December.

(233 words)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin