03 November 2009

Out Of The Frying Pan (And Into The Fire)

Microphone and examination announcement script for the chief invigilator.

My students diligently answering my examination.

The institution of higher learning where I worked has just commenced its final examination weeks for the on-going semester. Examination for both my papers were held in the first week. One is for about thirty students; the other, about three hundred students. Each paper has five questions. I am fine with the smaller group, as the questions are all qualitative. But with the larger one, I'll have to pore over 1,500 answers. And being a quantitative paper, I'll have to go over each question carefully especially when the students answers' do not match my own marking scheme. I give credit where credit is due.

Marking examination scripts is the thing I like least in my job. Ask any academic, they'll probably say the same. I'll probably spend the whole of the next week or so marking. But, if you are reading this my students, don't worry, though I may take time marking, I don't take shortcuts in doing it. Be rest assured that scripts are duly checked from front to back.
(188 words)

5 comments:

Miss Effy said...

You're rite! Marking paper is the stress time for every lecturer. And rite now I am enjoying myself to be a student again..:P

Jae said...

Another lecturer? Great. By the way, I was also a student in Australia a few years back. What a coincidence, huh, Effy? All the best with your studies. And don't forget to enjoy your time there.

Miss Effy said...

Really? From which uni? I do enjoy my days here but still miss nk balik Malaysia..Well, what area of ur study?

Jae said...

I did my masters in ANU. My degree was from another university in another country. Both were in business area.

I know the feeling about wanting to go home hehehe. When I was away working and studying, I can't wait to go home for holidays.

The last few days before departure were the worst. It was like my body was still in the country but my soul and mind was already in M'sia.

And don't get me started on the list of things I wanted to do at home especially the food to eat. Hehehe

Miss Effy said...

Wow..ANU..one of the top uni in Australia..hikhik. What a coincidence as im also in business area..Im major in marketing. Do you have facebook? If you dont mind, I would like to add u in my fb frenlists..:)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin