01 June 2008

Cancelled and delayed flight

My flight has been cancelled and I am now put to the next Malaysian flight to Kuala Lumpur from Jakarta. Except not being able to meet someone tonight, it’s not that bad as although I have to wait three hours for my new flight, I am given access to the executive. In addition to the usual food and beverage, there is also Internet access and that’s how I get to put up this post.

Anyway, before that I went for another foot massage at the same place on arrival from Kuala Lumpur. After all the travelling and walking, my feet were again killing me. This time another young lad did the massage. His name was Amar and very ambitious and entrepreneurial young person who has goals in life. He came from Jawa Tengah to study but didn’t sufficient funds. He worked his way up from a car washer to a taxi driver. He quit his taxi driver job as he was not too familiar with the city and become a masseur. At the same time, he has side business in public transportation (angkot) and food (fried rice stall). I am definite that in the future, he will have a bright and better future from his days as a son of farmers.

(212 words)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin