06 April 2009

Aladdin 1Borneo

As the name would suggest, Aladdin serves middle-eastern food. Over the weekend, I had the opportunity to sample the food there. The menu is mounted from the ceiling and you choose from there. The menu's not so extensive, containing the basic middle-eastern fares such as shwarmas, kebabs and the like.

Menu, above cooking area and ordering counter.

Having lived in Central Asia for about 4 yours, I've had my share of middle-eastern food. Since I don't particularly like lamb, I chose a chicken dish. My choice was Tavuk Djaj, marinated chicken cutlets grilled on skewers, served with french fries (or if you'd like, rice) and slices of tomato (one), cucumber (two) and onion (many). Together with a can of Sprite, the whole meal cost RM17.50. Certainly pricey. But then what do you expect? There are limited choices for middle-eastern food outlets in Kota Kinabalu. Aladdin's food is authentic though as the owners are middle-easterners. Anyway, I'll eat here again only if my yearning for that kebab or shwarma is too strong.

Staff preparing and cooking food.

Another negative point is that I just can't stand is the ventilation in the small outlet. It's one thing to be able to see your food being prepared and cooked, but it's another thing to smell like your food afterwards, even after leaving the outlet.

Photo of meal.

Photo of meal, afterwards (I was really hungry).

Location: Lower Ground Floor, 1Borneo, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
Opening hours: Same as Shopping Mall’s
(249 words)

2 comments:

Darth Vadder said...

yeah Jae, that's obvious u r so HUNGRY hahahaha, very clean and easy for them to cleanup.

Jae said...

This food outlet is no longer operating.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin