02 April 2009

Thai Food at Pavilion Kuala Lumpur

I love Thai food. There are limited choices for outlets that exclusively offer Thai food in Kota Kinabalu. Anyway, if you are in town, try Tam Nak Thai in Api Api Centre. Let me know if you have trouble in deciding what to order.

Whenever I am in Kuala Lumpur, I try to visit a Thai food outlet or two. Last month, I had the chance to eat at the Thai Express in Pavilion, a shopping complex in Bukit Bintang area. Actually, I’ve tried two other Thai outlets in the shopping complex, i.e. Rama 9 in the food court, the Food Republic and Celadon Royal Thai Cuisine.

For Rama 9, I’d go for single Thai meals like Khao Pad (Fried Rice) or Phad Thai (Fried Noodles), with prices per meal between RM10 to RM15. But then, the cooks are Thai. Try it out. Rama 9 is on the left hand side of the food court from Tang’s direction.

Food in Celadon is excellent although prices were on the expensive side. For example, the clear tom yum soup costs about RM20 per bowl but was worth every single spoonful. Lunch for two was about RM150. I also like the décor of the restaurant, very cozy and inviting.

As for Thai Express, it was pricey too. Lunch for two costs about RM120 but the food’s not as good as Celadon’s. The décor is much simpler too.

(237 words)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin