26 March 2009

Books 2009 (1)


I am in the middle of reading another book right now. Since the beginning of the year, I have completed reading the following books:
  • Friends and Lovers – Robert Raymer: A collection of short stories set in Malaysia (mostly).
  • Catfish and Mandala – Andrew X. Pham: A travelogue of an overseas Vietnamese on his travels in Vietnam and Japan.
  • Robert Ludlum’s Bourne Sanction – Eric Van Lustbader: The sixth novel in the Bourne series.
  • What on Earth Have I Done? – Robert Fulghum: Refer to my previous post.
It’s not a bad count considering that Malaysians have been reported to read only 2 books per year. Given that, however, it’s not so good for me because I've still many unread books in my bookshelf at home. It’s going to take some time to finish them all.

At the same time, my habit of buying books is not helping at all. I spent quite a lot of money on them last year, enough to fully utilise the book tax relief given by the Inland Revenue Board and not just for me alone. Anyway, since the economy is said to be going into a recession, maybe I should seriously consider cutting down on buying books. We’ll see. Ok, let me finish my book now.

By the way, this is the blog’s 100th post. Yeah…
(224 words)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin