09 March 2009

Early morning flight home

I am in KLIA waiting for the flight back to my hometown. There isn’t much to do at the airport at this wee hours in the morning. The shops are closed and the people you’d see are most likely to be fellow travellers on the flight or the cleaning crew at the airport.

It’s almost 330AM now, and the flight will be at 4AM. Based on the departures information, this is the first flight out of this airport today. The next one goes to Dhaka and leaves at 635AM. I used to catch this kind of morning flight during my student days. It was the cheapest one, whereby we’d get 50% discounts if we travelled in a group of at least three people. I don’t think it's available anymore. Then, we’d paid about RM500 for a return flight between Kuala Lumpur and Kota Kinabalu. These days, you can get the same for less than RM200.

Anyway, back then in my student days, we’d go to the airport (in Subang then) the night before and camped in the airport until flight time. We’d either take turns sleeping or spend the whole night talking. Well, I don’t think I'll be doing this kind of flight anymore anytime soon. The logistics of getting to the airport is still a nightmare as before. By the way, thanks to my friends for sending me off this morning. It's very much appreciated.

(238 words)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin