04 February 2009

New Year’s Resolutions

I’ve given up on new year’s resolutions a long time ago. It seemed then that my new year’s resolutions were made up of unfinished resolutions of the previous years. I know that in life, as in a journey, it is best that we have an end in sight. But, over the years, I’ve become more pragmatic. Rather than have a long to-do list at the beginning of each year, I thought I’d be better off if I’d do one major thing at a time, when and how I wanted it. It’s far more satisfying to achieve one resolution than having many incomplete ones at the end of the year.

For example, a few years back, I resolved to get a Master’s degree and after putting a lot of resources into it, I completed my Master’s degree from one of the best universities in the World. I also received commendation for outstanding academic performance from the university’s chancellor. It was one of my proudest moments in life.

Well, this year I’ve made up another major resolution and I hope I’ll achieve it. I’ve already set the ball rolling. For the time being, I won’t write much about it but may refer to it from time to time. Don’t worry, once it becomes achievable, I’ll definitely write about my resolution.

Just a hint: If you’ve been following my blog, it has something to do with a problem I faced before.
(240 words)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin