04 February 2009

Singapore 2009 (2)

What I like about Singapore is the superb MRT system. I am a stickler for good and working public transportation system. I used to avoid Bangkok until it got its BTS system. I was lucky to be working in KL when the LRT and the Komuter systems were already up and running. Manila, I know, also has its transit system. I sincerely hope that one day Jakarta will have some kind of reliable public transportation. Big cities need good public transportation system. Just look at cities like London, Paris and Hong Kong.

Another thing that impressed me is shopping. I bet my last Ringgit that during the annual Great Singapore Sale, the shopping would be better. I’m looking forward to this, which for this year will be from 29 May to 26 July.

One thing that left a bitter taste (not literally, okay) was the general cleanliness of the public toilets that I went to during my Singaporean trip. Maybe it was the long holidays then but still, I have always pictured Singapore as clean. The public toilets at the Woodlands checkpoint, Raffles Place and Ferrer Park LRT stations were very dirty. To say the least, I was very disappointed.

Anyway, this will not be the last of my trips to Singapore. There are always new places to visit and new things to experience in destination that one goes to. Besides, I’d promised someone I’d visit again.
(239 words)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin