04 February 2009

Singapore 2009 (1)

My first overseas holiday destination this year is Singapore. Last year, I went to Yogyakarta (Indonesia); Bangkok, Manila and Jakarta. My Singaporean visit wasn’t actually planned. I bought the tickets a few days before I departed and only because the price was a steal – RM198 return from Kota Kinabalu to Singapore. Well, I didn’t intend to stay in Singapore as I had plans to go to Kuala Lumpur and Johor Bahru to visit my friends. Besides, I’ve been to Singapore on holidays before.

Anyway, in between my outbound and inbound flights, I made a half day trip to Singapore with my friends. During the trip, we visited (revisited, for me) the fine Asian Civilisations Museum and the Malay Heritage Centre (Istana Kampong Gelam). In between, we also took in the Esplanade to see Singapore’s old icon, the Merlion and its new one, the Esplanade Theatre. Before returning to Malaysia, we stopped by Mustafa Centre, a 24/7 shopping place. It’s definitely going to be one of my destinations when I visit Singapore next.

An unexpected thing happened while I was in Singapore. I got an SMS from Australia from a very close friend (well, I think we’re more like brothers), and he happened to be a Singaporean who I first met when I was in Australia. He’s working there now. I promised I’d visit Singapore again the next time he comes home for his annual vacation.
(238 words)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin