11 May 2009

Lunch at Nasi Padang Ibu, Jesselton Point, Kota Kinabalu

The other day I had lunch at Nasi Padang Ibu (NPI) with some friends from the office. Although I like Indonesian food, I’ve eaten at NPI only three times. Well, I’ve been to Padang myself, so I’ve to say that Nasi Padang in Padang is way better. Then again, Padang is so far away. So, if I crave for Nasi Padang, NPI it is.

Based on my last two visits, NPI is doing good business these days. The first time I went there, it occupied a small area but now it has expanded. To help you price the food at NPI, here’s the price list from my lunch. Do note that the food was served in larger plate with the rice rather than the traditional way, i.e. in small plates. Servings in the small plates are double the price and usually enough for two or three persons.

Food:
  • Nasi Putih – RM1.50
  • Ayam Panggang – RM4.50
  • Ayam Goreng Sambal – RM4.00
  • Rendang Daging Lembu / Usus / Paru Basah – RM4.00
  • Dendeng Basah – RM3.50
  • Sotong Gulai – RM4.50
  • Perkedil Kentang / Sayur Nangka Berlemak / Sawi/Buncis Sambal – RM2.00
  • Telur Dadar – RM2.00
  • Sambal Merah – RM1.00

Drinks:
  • Jus Apokat/Avokado – RM6.00 (Yes, that’s the price)
  • Air Mineral (Spritzer 600ml) – RM2.00
  • Soya Bean (Can) – RM2.50
  • Kit Chai Sejuk – RM3.00

Sorry, no pictures of the food to share.
(220 words)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin