27 May 2009

Photos in Manila

I didn't manage to take many photos in Manila. Actually, less than 30. Anyway, here are some of them and my comments:

Pedro Gil (pronounced Hil) LRT station in Malate, the closest to where I stayed.

View of EDSA, Taft Avenue LRT Station. One thing I noticed is the Roman Catholic element in the design. If you look closely, the roof of the station resembles a large cross. The background is the skyline of Central Manila.

An LRT train. Did you know that Manila LRT system starting operating from 1984? On the other hand, Singapore MRT system operated from 1987 only. Based on my experience, the Manila LRT system is very well utilised. Trains are usually filled to the brim. Its cheaper than taking the taxi. A similar trip I took costs 15 Pesos on the LRT but 200 Pesos on Taxi. One thing that needs improvement on Manila LRT is the cooling and ventilation system. It was really hot in the stations.

External view of the fine Ayala Museum. The museum has four floors of exhibits. Admission cost is 425 pesos for non-residents. I truly enjoyed my visit. Too bad, there just wasn't enough time. By the way, I didn't get to go the other museum that I wanted to visit. Next time, perhaps.

Filipino women dress exhibition in Robinson's Place, Malate. Nice traditional clothes. More in the next two photos.

Some of the results of my shopping excursion in Manila.
(244 words)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin