26 May 2008

Books, I Love

I love reading. I can get engrossed in a book or a magazine and sometimes, even a newspaper. But am I well read? I doubt so. You see, I'm pretty selective in what I read. I don't just read everything.

What do I read? I like fiction, autobiographies, travelogues and books on my interest areas (management, finance, fashion, interior design and origami).

Autobiographies and travelogues are pretty much non-fiction, I think, so its interesting to read up about other people's lives and travels.

As for fiction, I pretty much read only all the works of authors I find interesting. So far, those who caught my interest are, in no particular order, Jeffrey Archer, Paolo Coelho, Bryce Courtenay, John Grisham and Robert Ludlum. Nevertheless, I still read works of fiction by other authors recommended by friends and the best seller list.

Do I have a particular favorite book? Well, yes and no. There are books I refer to all of the time. Then, there are books I don't mind re-reading. I don't, however, consider these my favorites. However, I'll be willing to recommend books for your reading pleasure.

By the way, don't you worry, none of my recommendations will be books in the area that I primarily teach. I doubt that these books will interest you in the way they interest me. Still, I can probably recommend one or two you can read up about what I teach.
(238 words)

1 comment:

Jae said...

Thanks Aart for the info. You have a nice day too!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin