23 April 2008

Fabulous Penang

Or should I say fabulous Penang food. If you hadn't guess, I went to Penang for my short vacation. My friends and I paid for taxes and charges only, about RM143 each.

We stayed in a hotel on Penang Road and had only two items on the our itinerary, shopping and eating. Actually, it was more eating than shopping. For example, I only bought two pairs of pants for myself and some clothes (t-shirt, etc) for the people back home. Other than that, it was food and more food.

On the inbound flight, there was no heavy food sold onboard, so upon arrival in Penang, the first thing to do was to have some Penang food.

During the trip, we had nasi kandar at various places including Nasi Kandar Sharif Glugor and super soup at Sup Hameed nearby the hotel. We also had teochew chendol and char kuew tiao at Prangin Mall and chendol pulut at Chowrasta Bazaar. We also had buffet lunch at the hotel, which featured Penang delicacies such as pasembur, rojak, prawn mee as well as various other dishes. Our hotel room didn't include, so we had more excuse to eat out. Breakfast was usually nasi lemak, thosai, roti canai or fried noodles.

In general, Penang food is fabulous. I'll be back for more. Now, if only I had eaten that extra plate of laksa or even nasi kandar before the flight home. You see, heavy food was sold out again.
(248 words)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin