07 April 2008

Nomophobia

Now, I know what I have. I'm one of those people suffering from No Mobile Phobia or Nomophobia. I don't use my mobile all the time but I'm insecure if I don't have my mobile with me.

Now, back to my nomophobia. I usually have my mobile switched on the whole day, even while I'm asleep for the sole reason that there is no landline in my home.

I rarely get calls or messages past midnight but when this happens, I'll wake up unless I'm very tired or sick. I'm fine when it is something important. What I don't understand is that sometimes I get messages which are not very important, i.e. messages like jokes and chain messages that can wait until at least its daytime.

Well, my problem is that once I wake up in the middle of the night, it'll be very difficult for me to go to sleep again. Sometimes, I'll be awake until dawn and then I'll feel like a zombie the rest of the day.

I just wish people are more considerate before sending messages or calling people at ungodly hours. If the message can wait or does not have life and death implications, don't send it to me at 3am in the morning. Please. And, I promise I’ll do the same for you.
(223 words)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin