15 April 2008

Food and I

I like all kinds of food. It doesn't matter where really. It could be a posh restaurant or just a stall under a tree. As long as the food is good, I'm a happy person.

In the past when I lived in other countries, I even had to learn to cook. It was more of a necessity. In the places I've lived, if you wanted to eat Malaysian food, you had to cook it yourself.

I've forgotten the more complicated recipes but I can probably still dish out Nasi Lemak and a simple curry. Since the original ingredients were not available, we just improvised with the best thing. For example, its milk for santan (coconut milk) and a few small chunks of ginger for pandanus leaves.

Come to think of it, cooking's actually not that hard. First, get the recipe which I usually do by asking around or looking up a recipe book. Then, try it. If you cook something often enough, you'll probably remember the recipe. That's where the problem lies, I hardly cook in Malaysia. So, don't start inviting yourself to my place to have me cook. I'll probably suggest the next best restaurant or tree for that.
(205 words)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin