12 April 2008

Packing for a vacation

It said that when going for a vacation, the rule of thumb is half the stuff you are packing and double the money you are bringing. That's a probably true.

I consider myself a season traveler, so I've a list of stuff which I will bring with me, particularly when traveling to unfamiliar places like Africa or somewhere in Central Asia.

Here's the list:
1) Toiletries - Toothbrush and toothpaste, perfume, deodorant, facewash and especially for hot places, talcum powder.
2) Medicine - headaches (e.g. Panadol, Ponstan), flu (e.g. Panadol C&F and Vicks Vaporub), cough (e.g. Strepsils), diarrhea (e.g. Pil chi kit teck aun) and some plasters or band-aids;
3) If I'm going overseas, a copy of my passport and IC, extra passport sized photos and the address and contact numbers of the nearest Malaysian embassy (if none, a British one or that of another Commonwealth country will also be useful);
4) An extra foldable bag for all the shopping;
5) Camera & MP3 player; and lastly
6) A good book or two.

Other than these, I usually pack my favorite sleepwear for a good night's rest. For the remainder of my clothes, especially for short trips (a week or less), I will pack enough to see me through the trip without having to launder my clothes. On the other hand, if the trip involves shopping for clothes, I'll just bring a change of clothes or a bit more with me.
(247 words)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin